Wednesday, December 22, 2004

And Then...

The Fire started, leaping from unit to unit, burning off all the dead growth,
destroying countless, purifying few.
But enough.
As it is a Natural process, a part of the Scheme of Things.
Alarms ring.
Ears activate in ways never experienced before.
Doors reinforced against just such an event remain locked,
ironic as the walls around them crumble
Symbolic now.
As structures fell, frontiers opened oceans of possibility,
striking fear in the hearts of the unaware.

1 Comments:

Blogger Know_thy_Blood said...

hi dark,
james in tacoma. Jessica gave me your blog address. I think I like the poetry section the best. I've just started a blog.
still-kicking.blogspot.com
email me if you ever get the chance.

February 11, 2005 at 4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home